Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Early X'mas Gifts

My family went to visit one of our friend from Atlanta and we stayed at her house for a few hours. We haven't seen her since before my husband and I have a baby, so we are catching up a conversation about our life. She just loved our toddler that she gave my daughter all her "Hearts and Harvest Memories" collection dolls that she have for a very long time which is special to her and passed it to my daughter. I was overwhelmed because these are something that passed on to one of the family and then she told us that she always thought of us as one of her family because she was so distant from her own. Then I realized, life is different from where I grew up because everyone were so close to each other that often there's no privacy and I felt a mixed emotions for my friend and give her a big, sweet embrace.

1 comment:

amiable amy said...

wow, yep, you are so right...my sister in law collected so many dolls and it is still intact...i love teddy bears for collections though